Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Vlog Soup 15

Jeff Jarvis
Participatory Journalism

CNN.com

Glacticast.com

EbbandFlow.tv
An Inconvenient Truth

Futurama

TED.com

David Pogue

Send links over to delicious with the tag vlogsoup

Music
Submarine (featuring Lisa Rein)
By Briareus
http://ccmixter.org/media/people/Briareus


Technical notes:
I had to use iSquint to get the files from H.264 to .mp4 after trying to do it with Sorenson didn't work. It might have been a settings issue, but the conversion overnight in Sorenson didn't allow importing.

iSquint was REALLY fast and made some nice mp4's for me to import into FCP.

Note to self: Change Quicktime Pro recording options from H.264 to something else.

Still frame.
Capturing a still frame on the MacBook Pro 17" gave me a capture that when brought into FCP was all pixelated. So I changed my screen resolution to a lower resolution and the screen caps looked better.

The CNN footage was m4v and that kept crashing FCP so I had to go back to iSquint and transcode that too into mp4

Trying to keep the show down to a manageable length so I can do more frequent shorter shows, but at this rate, no matter what I do, it still takes a long time to get each show done. This one only has three clips and it took all day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Katrina AD -->